White Bean Pate1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“A tasty alternative to a traditional liver pate. Serve with crusty bread or pita chips. This can be prepared 24 hours ahead.” - by LoveNRoquette
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Lightly grease a serving bowl with butter.
- Pour olive oil into a skillet; add white pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Place the skillet over medium heat and warm the spices until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir shallot into the warm oil and spices; cook and stir until the shallot begins to change color, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir cannellini beans and tomato paste into the shallot and spice mixture. Cook and stir while mashing the beans thoroughly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir sherry and soy sauce through the mashed bean mixture; cook until the liquid evaporates, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Stir melted butter through the bean mixture; season with salt. Pack the bean mixture into the prepared bowl.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 1 hour; garnish with parsley and paprika to serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 90 cal
- 3.7 g
- 11 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I assumed buttering the serving bowl would release the pate, making a nice presentation. It didn't, but I can live with that. This just didn't have much flavor at all, and the texture was way too fi..." See morerm, dry and hard to spread. IMO it just tasted like mashed and chilled white beans which needed more liquid. Sorry, I hate to give bad reviews, but this just didn't work for us. I followed the recipe to the T, and I'll admit it could be just a personal taste preference."
White Bean Tabbouleh
White Bean Spread With Garlic & Rosemary
Just swipe to see more like this.