Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“A delicious one-pan dinner that tastes like you cooked all day but only takes a small amount of hands-on time. Great flavor and easy clean-up! We make extra sprouts, my family loves them.” - by LAMBR
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned but still soft, about 5 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Coat a large baking dish or cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Arrange lemon slices in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Stir remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, kosher salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Toss Brussels sprouts in lemon juice mixture to coat; transfer to the prepared baking dish with a slotted spoon, draining excess liquid back into the bowl.
- Place bacon on top of the Brussels sprouts.
- Toss potatoes in the same lemon juice mixture used for the Brussels sprouts.
- Remove potatoes with slotted spoon and arrange along the inside edge of the baking dish.
- Coat chicken breast halves thoroughly in the remaining lemon mixture.
- Place chicken breasts skin-side up in the skillet; pour any remaining lemon juice mixture over chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 795 cal
- 36.4 g
- 61.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This was good! My husband loved it. Though I must admit that I really braised the chicken, brussel sprouts and potatoes instead of pan roasting. After cooking the bacon, I browned the chicken breasts ..." See morein the bacon drippings. Then I added about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan to saute the garlic and added the brussel sprouts, potatoes, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Then I added a little chicken broth and returned the chicken to the pan. I covered it and put it in the oven to cook at 350 for about 40 minutes and it was perfect. Maybe next time I'll actually pan roast it with the lemon slices. I'm sure it is excellent. Thank you LAMBR for sharing this recipe."
"Hi, this is my recipe and I would use at least a pound of sprouts not a 1/2 pound. My sons tell me I never cook enough of the sprouts...." See more"
"I only made one little change. I used the bacon drippings as part replacement of the olive oil and decreased totla dripping/ olive oil to 3 tablessppons. This is the perfect dish I was looking f..." See moreor all in one pan. I use my cast iron skillet to cook bacon and then used the sam skillet to complete the dish. Thanks (I too increased the amout of Brussel sprouts"
Monterey Chicken with Potatoes
Baked Crispy Potato Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.