Minute Steaks with Barbeque Butter Sauce13 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 2 min
- Ready In: 7 min
“Everyone knows that a minute steak is only as good as the pan sauce, and this recipes offers an ultra-simple barbeque butter sauce. There's only a small amount of butter, but the way it blends with the beef broth and barbeque sauce, the effect is amplified.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Place each steak between two sheets of heavy plastic (or inside a resealable freezer bag) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound each steak with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Remove steaks from plastic.
- Generously season each steak with salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Combine beef broth, barbeque sauce, hot sauce, and black pepper in a bowl. Add chilled butter to broth mixture but do not stir.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke, about 1 minute. Place each steak in the pan; sear for 45 to 60 seconds on each side. Remove steaks from skillet and set them aside to rest.
- Pour the broth mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir occasionally until butter is melted and incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon broth and butter mixture over steak and serve.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 318 cal
- 22 g
- 4.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"I did this recipe w/ Ribeye & Angus Sirloin I really did the beating of the meat with meat tenderizer. I change the marinade used steak sauce instead of barbecue.. I also omitted the hot pepper sauce ..." See moredidn't want it spicy.. But overall the steaks came out great this was my first time cooking steak in a frying pan on top of the stove. The gravy came out perfect my brother-in-law thought it was steak sauce till he tasted it ."
"absolutely wonderful and simple. I doubled the sauce and DH states I can triple it next time. He used it as a dipping sauce also. thanks for sharing...." See more"
Steaks With Roquefort Sauce
Easy Minute Steaks
Just swipe to see more like this.