Fiesta Corn Tortilla Pizzas3 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“I devised this simple snack for my Cinco de Mayo Fiesta party years ago. An instant hit, they get gobbled up so fast that I enlist guests and form an assembly line at the grill, no skillet needed. Guests love being involved in the action.” - by lucylove is not a baking
Original recipe yields 6 pizzas
- Heat refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high until warmed through, about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Spray both sides of each corn tortilla with cooking spray and arrange them on a wire rack.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-fry one side of each tortilla until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Return tortillas to wire rack, browned sides up.
- Spread a thin layer of refried beans onto the tortillas, stopping about 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Sprinkle Mexican cheese blend over refried beans.
- Carefully transfer a tortilla pizza back to the skillet, bean side up.
- Lightly fry until cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute more; return tortilla pizza to wire rack. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
- Scatter tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, and olives over melted cheese.
- Slice pizzas to serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 154 cal
- 8.2 g
- 13.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made enough for three people. I did not worry about pan frying them, I just heated them on both sides of the tortilla in the skillet, took the tortilla out, laid the warm tortilla on a foil lined co..." See moreokie sheet and topped it, then baked it until everything was warm and melty. I served this with my homemade salsa. I loved the simplicity of this recipe (the kids thought that tortilla pizzas were great) and it used the rest of a package of tortillas I had to get rid of. Win/win. I'll make this again."
"My family LOVED these and they are so easy to put together! I did use chives instead of green onions because I have an herb explosion in my backyard right now--including cilantro! These are perfect ..." See morefor a quick Cinco de Mayo party, and so simple to do you can throw a party in minutes ; ). We ate ours with sour cream and taco sauce. Thanks Lucylove!"
"Used flour tortilla instead (none of us likes corn tortilla, just a personal preference) and everyone enjoyed it. Made it the lazy people's way... browned them in a skillet on stovetop and then added ..." See morebeans and cheese and heated it more and then removed them, topped it with everything else and moved them to preheated toasteroven for a few more minutes to keep them warm. Voila! Thanks for sharing."
Corn Tortilla Chips
Tortilla Crisps with Brickle Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.