Lime-Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 35 min
“A fresh springtime pasta salad perfect for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.” - by MANDYMARTIN
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Marinate shrimp overnight with 1/4 cup lime juice in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap. Drain shrimp.
- Heat shrimp in a microwave-safe bowl until they are bright pink on the outside, about 6 minutes. Allow shrimp to cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook cellentani in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 12 minutes. Drain, then rinse with cold water until cool.
- Mix shrimp, pasta, avocados, grape tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until dressing is well mixed.
- Pour dressing over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Chill before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 559 cal
- 25.8 g
- 55.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe caught my eye in the newly published recipes last week, I just knew by all the ingredients that it was one I wanted to try out. I bought all the ingredients but didn't realize until I wen..." See moret to make it that I never read the cooking instructions. So here I was the day of serving the meal and had everything in front of me and was determined to make this work. Since I already blew the overnight marinating, I only marinated the shrimp in the juice for a couple hours, and added some extra spices that were called for in the pasta dressing. I just could not bring myself to nuke my shrimp, and thought the overnight marinating might be an important step to that method of cooking. I could have cooked the shrimp on the stove top but my grill lovin husband skewered them and threw them on the gas grill, basting in the marinade. Once the shrimp was cooled down I tossed all the ingredients together except for the avocado and let it sit a couple hours in the fridge to marry. I Added the avocado right before serving. The dressing was good, sort of tangy but went well with the other ingredients. We really did like it and thought it was a great summer nights dinner, of course the hubs said some bacon bits would really take it over the top, him and his bacon. Thanks Mandy!"
"This is a GREAT recipe! I have to agree with Sherri below that I can not bring myself to microwave shrimp but I know it comes out fine the time we did do it. One other thing you can do to make this a ..." See morekiller seafood pasta is to add bay shrimp to it as well as the shrimp also cut the cherry tomatoes in 1/2 or 1/4 to allow the marinade to get down in the tomatoes as well."
Avocado Pineapple Salad
Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.