Chocolate Covered Matzo1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“Great Passover dessert! Make it with your leftover matzos.” - by Sushimaven
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange matzo to fit into pan; break boards if necessary.
- Combine butter and brown sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until boiling; boil for about 3 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture evenly over matzo.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and immediately reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) if the matzo are smoking too much.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle matzo with chocolate chips. Let stand to melt chocolate, 5 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate over matzo. Place in refrigerator until chilled and set. Break into pieces when cooled.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 351 cal
- 22.2 g
- 39.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was a total surprise for me. I have made chocolate covered matzoh for years, but not with this type of recipe. Mine was plain old matzoh, coated with chocolate. This is more of a toffee..." See more/chocolate covered matzoh and it was well worth it to give it a try. It is delicious and easy to make."
Amazing Passover Chocolate Toffee Matzo
Taffy Chocolate Covered Almonds
Just swipe to see more like this.