Chef John's Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip19 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“I've always enjoyed hot spinach artichoke dip, but it always struck me as a little oily. I decided to try a mayo-less version, and then raised the stakes even higher by excluding the sour cream as well. To counter this, a bit more cheese was added, and the results were amazing. A rich, creamy, cheesy, not greasy dip.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in onions and pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into onions and remove from heat.
- Mix spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, Gruyere, Parmigiano-Reggiano, hot sauce, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Spoon artichoke mixture into two ramekins. Top each with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown and bubbling, about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 284 cal
- 22.9 g
- 8.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"I did not measure the hot sauce in this dish--I just added a couple good shakes of Frank's Hot Sauce. I did not add the nutmeg (my husband does not care for it) and I doubled the mozzerella cheese on ..." See morethe top. I did take Chef John's suggestion and bake this in a bigger dish--I spread it in a 8x8 glass square baking dish. I served this with crusty garlic bread and tortilla chips for the boys and celery/carrot "chips" for me. This dip literally lasted less than 20 minutes. Everyone loved it, especially my husband who swore up and down he dosen't like spinach-artichoke dip. This is some good eats!"
"I made this recipe as written and it was a bit too fatty for me. The second time, I replaced the Gruyere and Mozzarella by using 1 cup fat free Chobani plain yogurt. For the cream cheese, I used fat..." See more free too. I also excluded the butter. It made it much lighter as only the Parmesan had fat in it."
Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip II
Holiday Hot Spinach Dip
Just swipe to see more like this.