Fried Matzoh1 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 30 min
“A delicious fried egg dish.” - by chopper
Original recipe yields 1 servings
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Pour hot water into a bowl. Break matzoh sheets into small chunks and soak in hot water, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt in a separate bowl.
- Strain matzoh and shake to remove excess water; stir matzoh into egg mixture.
- Pour the heated oil out of non-stick frying pan; place 1/2 tablespoon butter in hot pan.
- Pour matzoh and egg mixture into hot butter; cover and cook until a 'pancake' forms, about 10 minutes.
- Slide matzoh 'pancake' onto a plate.
- Place remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in hot pan.
- Place a second plate over matzoh 'pancake' and flip plates over so the uncooked side is on the bottom.
- Lie matzoh 'pancake' in melted butter; cover pan and cook until bottom of pancake is browned, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and season with kosher salt.
Amount Per Serving (1 total)
- 485 cal
- 23.7 g
- 48.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This sounded like an original idea for breakfast so I thought I'd give it a try. It sounded a little bland for us so I added some sauteed onion and some cheese and more salt and pepper. Even with tha..." See moret it was still bland. My husband felt perhaps if you put salsa on it it would be better. I tried it with some sour cream on top like you would do for a potato pancakes and that made it more interesting. I also tried a bit with a spicy sour cream jalapeno cheese dip and that seemed to do the trick. I made two of these since the recipe was for one serving but actually one was plenty for two people. I'll reheat the other one and try it with the salsa tomorrow."
Fried Egg Sandwich
Fried Rice Restaurant Style
Just swipe to see more like this.