Spinach Mushroom Quiche with Tarragon1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“A yummy veggie quiche with hearty flavor from the mushrooms. Use soy milk, 2%, whole - whatever you prefer.” - by ANNEJ4
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place egg white of 1 egg into a small bowl and whisk with water until foamy. Set the egg yolk aside in a large bowl.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish. Brush egg white mixture over the edges and inside of crust. Poke holes into the inside and up the sides of the crust with a fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until the egg white glaze cooks onto the crust, about 5 minutes.
- Pour any remaining egg white mixture into the large bowl with the yolk; whisk in 2 more eggs and milk until thoroughly combined. Set egg mixture aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and onion until the mushroom's liquid has evaporated, 9 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Turn off heat and stir spinach into hot mushrooms to wilt. Mix in tarragon, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Gently stir mushroom-spinach mixture into eggs and milk. Fold 1 1/4 cup of white Cheddar cheese into the filling.
- Pour mushroom-spinach filling into the prebaked pie crust and arrange slices of zucchini in a decorative pattern on top of the filling. Top with 1/4 cup white Cheddar cheese in an even layer.
- Place the quiche onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven until top is lightly browned and a knife inserted into the middle of the quiche comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow quiche to cool on the hot baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack until serving temperature, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 387 cal
- 27.6 g
- 20.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Cindy's Tuna, Spinach, and Bacon Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.