Transformed Spinach Mushroom Quiche15 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This moist vegetarian quiche is perfect for every meal. The quiche was originally a quiche Lorraine, but has since been transformed. Feel free to add sausage if you choose. I usually make 2 large pies or several small ones all at one time, freezing whatever is left over.” - by EMBRYOCONCEPTS
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Gently combine spinach, mushrooms, onion, and feta cheese in a separate bowl. Spread spinach-mushroom mixture in the prepared pie dish; top with half the Swiss cheese.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the filling, swirling egg mixture in bowl to spread seasonings through the eggs; top the quiche with remaining Swiss cheese. Place quiche on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the quiche is lightly puffed and browned, 45 to 50 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the filling should come out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 334 cal
- 21.4 g
- 21 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"This was a pretty good recipe, but head's up that you really need to cook the spinach before you put it in the quiche. They left that step out, which I figured out when I saw the massive amounts of sp..." See moreinach. One plus is the recipe conveniently is set up for making two - one to freeze for later."
"This is a great recipe, with a nice mix of flavors. I do not have a 9" pie plate, so put it in a 10", but when I got the vegetable mix in it, I wondered how it would ever fit in a 9"! I Agree with the..." See more first review; I would fry the onions, mushrooms, and garlic, then wilt the spinach in with it before adding it to the pie plate. I made it exactly like the recipe, and it turned out ok, but I think it would be a little less likely for the cheese to brown and turn tough in the middle if it wasn't so heaped up so high with the raw veggies! It was completely out of the egg mixture for most of the cookiing time."
"This gets 5 stars from me because I changed it based on the ingredients I had on hand, and it still was great! Here's the changes: 1 deep dish pie crust; 1 can spinach, drained and squeezed dry; 1 tsp..." See more. onion powder; 1 tsp. garlic powder; 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt; 1 1/2 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese; 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese...didn't layer anything; beat the eggs and mixed it all together...baked at 350 degrees for 1 hour and cooled for 1/2 hour. It turned out tasty and wonderful!"
Spinach Mushroom Quiche
Suzanne's Spinach Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.