Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Shiitake Mushrooms6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“After trying multiple spinach recipes throughout the years, this one is my conglomeration with personal taste additions. Savory and delicious using primarily fresh ingredients. A new family favorite. Shiitake mushrooms can be substituted for other varieties. Broccoli can be omitted per personal taste.” - by EATMORCHIKIN
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green onions and garlic until green onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Cook and stir turkey bacon in the green onion mixture until fragrant.
- Stir spinach, shiitake mushrooms, and broccoli into green onion mixture; cook and stir vegetables until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into the pie crust.
- Beat eggs, milk, sea salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour egg mixture gently over vegetable filling, slightly stirring eggs into the filling to combine.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; sprinkle 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over the top of the quiche and bake 10 additional minutes. Cover quiche with aluminum foil and bake until quiche has set and a toothpick inserted into the quiche comes out clean, about 10 more minutes.
- Allow quiche to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 381 cal
- 27.2 g
- 21.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe! The shiitake mushrooms were fantastic. I also added a bit of goat cheese that I had lying around and needed to use up. It was a good idea!..." See more"
"Very good! The spinach has a distinct flavor from the rest of the quiche. I had to cook it 10min longer..." See more"
"This was fabulous! My husband gave high praise, too. The directions for cook time and method were just right-- no guessing or worrying about an overdone or underdone quiche. And the flavor! I did subs..." See moretitute regular bacon for turkey bacon (it was what we had) and kale for spinach (preference). I can't wait to make this one again!!"
Spinach and Mushroom Egg Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.