Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiche2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“I decided to make a quiche so I could have something delicious to eat in the mornings for breakfast. I searched the web and found a few quiche recipes and then adapted my own from the basic ingredients. This was, to my surprise, super easy AND super delicious. Use lactose-free margarine instead of olive oil if desired, and jalapeno yogurt cheese, goat-milk Cheddar, or some combination. Enjoy!” - by ChefChris
Original recipe yields 1 quiche
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick oven-safe skillet over medium heat; cook and stir green onions and garlic in the hot oil until the garlic is fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Stir in spinach, cover skillet, and cook until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer spinach to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil in same skillet and turn heat to medium-high. Cook and stir mushrooms until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Squeeze any moisture from spinach mixture and stir into mushrooms. Beat eggs in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir eggs into the spinach-mushroom mixture; thoroughly stir in feta and jalapeno yogurt cheeses.
- Spoon the mixture back into the skillet; use a spoon to level surface. Wipe any filling from edge of skillet above the filling with a paper towel.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the quiche is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into slices.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 342 cal
- 26.7 g
- 3.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This was very good. I never heard of jalapeno yogurt cheese, so I used 1 1/2 c. plain yogurt and a 1/4 t. of my Sister's dried, homegrown habenero. Yahoo! I preferred the quiche on this site I made..." See more about a week ago, Crustless Spinach Quiche (and I did add mushrooms; see my review) as I like the cheese to melt into it and Feta won't do that. I increased all of the ingredients by 1/4, using 6 eggs. It took one hour to bake. I'm thinking it would go well with thinly sliced lamb."
Crustless Spinach Quiche
Spinach Quiche with Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.