Simple Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiche11 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A simple quiche that doesn't require a great deal of time to prepare but still has good flavor.” - by hrgdane
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch quiche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 10-inch pie dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir sliced mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain excess liquid, if necessary; set mushrooms aside.
- Place sour cream, eggs, Parmesan cheese, flour, cream, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and hot pepper sauce in a blender; blend until smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Pour egg mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir mushrooms, spinach, and Cheddar cheese into egg mixture. Pour into prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the quiche comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 412 cal
- 32.4 g
- 10.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"This is the most amazing and delicious quiche I've ever made, and I've made a ton of quiche. The only thing I changed was subbed Greek yogurt for the sour cream, and included a chopped onions with th..." See moree mushroom, omitted the onion powder, and added a tablespoon of ground mustard. A winner and a keeper for sure!! Thanks for sharing."
"This is ALMOST a real 5 star recipe, quite unlike any crustless quiche I've ever made. I followed the recipe exactly, because I think it is unfair to rate a recipe that has been modified. It is delici..." See moreous as it stands - the texture is so smooth and it is very, very rich. The directions are easy to follow, and it is uncomplicated to make. There were three of us at dinner, and I divided it into fourths, but it would easily serve six, as none of us could completely finish our portions. My husband commented that it could be more colorful, so I think I'll add some diced sweet red pepper to the mushrooms next time I make it. I might also use diced onion and garlic, as some reviewers have suggested. Also, it took mine a full hour in the oven to be ready to eat. Thanks for the great recipe; we all agreed that I should make it again, soon."
"Awesome. I was fridge-raiding to use up my overstock of eggs, but didn't have all the ingredients, so I used different cheese (mozzarella and a basil/tomato white cheddar mixed) and threw in a little..." See more Sopressa for kicks and this quiche turned out better than most I've purchased at bistros. I highly recommend trying this out and/or adding your own twist. It was easy to prepare before baking as well, which is important to me."
Spinach Quiche with Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.