Praline Ice Cream Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“It's a good dessert, easy to make. My family loves it!” - by jennyspelts
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter, and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove sauce from heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; set praline sauce aside.
- Place 1/2 cup melted butter into a large mixing bowl; stir in vanilla ice cream. With an electric mixer, beat eggs into ice cream mixture one at a time, adding the second egg after the first has been incorporated. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Whisk flour, graham cracker crumbs, white sugar, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined. Stir flour mixture into ice cream mixture by thirds until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and drizzle top of batter with half the praline sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack.
- Place remaining praline sauce over low heat to warm; stir in pecans. Drizzle warm praline-pecan sauce over cake. Serve with dollops of whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 609 cal
- 34 g
- 71.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe wasn't what I expected at all! It didn't taste bad but it certainly wasn't an ice cream cake. It was basically a regular cake with ice cream substituted for milk. It tasted like pancakes r..." See moreather than a cake! I will most likely not make it again."
Grandma Betty's Ice Cream Cake
Brownie Ice Cream Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.