Pecan Caramel Ice Cream2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 6 hr 30 min
“This recipe is one that my cousin made up using her mother's basic recipe when we were teenagers. It tastes like pecan pie with ice cream. It became one of the family's favorites. Nowadays we use our stand mixer's nice attachment, the ice cream bowl - or on-the-counter ice cream makers - and it still comes out great. I mix this up of a morning or the night before I plan to make it. One reason for this was the longer it sets, the better the flavors blend into cream mixture, making a much better flavored ice cream and a faster freeze time.” - by rlt11_NMC
Original recipe yields 2 quarts
- Place caramel ice cream topping into a microwave-safe container and heat in microwave until slightly warmed and softened, 10 to 30 seconds.
- Whisk caramel topping, milk, sweetened condensed milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, vanilla extract and salt in a large mixing bowl until pudding mix has dissolved and batter is smooth.
- Cover bowl and chill batter thoroughly, at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Pour chilled batter into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions; stir pecans into soft ice cream at end of freezing time.
- Serve soft if desired. If a harder ice cream is preferred, pack pecan ice cream into a lidded container and freeze to desired consistency.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 250 cal
- 10.6 g
- 36.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Too sweet, the condensed milk taste is rather strong, and the texture just isn't right. I made this in my counter-top ice cream maker and after the churn cycle, it was still rather runny so I put it ..." See morein the freezer to set. After 7 hours, it still did not have a good ice cream consistency. I think we will probably be throwing the rest of this out because it's syrupy tasting and not creamy. I make ice cream quite often, but this is one recipe I will not be using again, sorry."
Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream
Apple Caramel Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.