Salted Pecan-Maple Ice Cream3 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This is an utterly delicious ice cream recipe. The sea salt adds a perfect touch.” - by livduran
Original recipe yields 1 quart
- Place pecans into a heavy saucepan over medium heat and toast the nuts, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over pecans and stir constantly until the sugar melts to a light brown syrup and coats the pecans. Immediately pull the pan off the heat; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Turn hot pecans out onto a piece of parchment paper and cool thoroughly; break apart any large clumps. Set candied pecans aside.
- Whisk 3/4 cup sugar, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and maple flavoring in a large bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk in half-and-half.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Mix the candied pecans into the softly-frozen ice cream. Sprinkle servings with a pinch of coarsely ground sea salt.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 295 cal
- 16.6 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"This ice cream is awesome! The only difference was I used heavy whipping cream instead of half and half, and it was still awesome! So delicious! I definitely will be making this again real soon!..." See more"
"This ice cream tastes like the very best butter pecan ice cream you can find. I sometimes replace part of the half and half with whipping cream, because it makes a richer and smoother ice cream. Other..." See morewise, I follow the recipe."
"I’m always apprehensive about eating raw eggs, so I cooked the eggs with the sugar and ½ cup of light cream in a double boiler, stirring constantly with a whisk until the mixture achieved 160°. Grant..." See moreed, this adds an extra 10 minutes to the recipe, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. Should you choose to do this, be sure you are constantly stirring so you don’t end up with scrambled eggs, and thoroughly chill the mixture before adding the rest of the ingredients and adding it into the ice cream maker. I used previously made praline pecans so the salt was eliminated, and I replaced one cup of light cream with one cup of heavy cream for a creamier texture. I also used more than a drop of maple flavoring because I love maple flavor. This was excellent. You’ll be licking the beater, trust me. Added note: This ice cream didn't last 24 hours in this house."
Ice Cream Base
Rose Petal Pistachio Ice Cream
Just swipe to see more like this.