A Memorial Day Carrot Cake Recipe5 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I find this to be the perfect time of year for carrot cake. It's an ideal dessert for cookouts, picnics, and graduation parties. Enjoy!” - by elanaspantry.com
Original recipe yields 2 9-inch round cakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Generously grease 2 9-inch round cake pans.
- Stir almond flour, sea salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, agave nectar, and grapeseed oil together in a separate large bowl.
- Stir carrots, raisins, and walnuts into the egg mixture.
- Stir carrot mixture into flour mixture to form a batter; pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 401 cal
- 27.9 g
- 31.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely delicious! One of the best carrot cakes I've had and there was no way you could tell it was gluten free! I went exactly by the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. I used a recipe from on..." See moree of my cook books to make the cream cheese frosting."
"This makes a great dense cake, no wheat flour or sugar. I didn't have grapeseed oil so use canola which seemed to work fine. The cake stuck to the pan so I would use parchment paper or something on ..." See morethe bottom of the pan the next time. I frosted it with simple neufchatel cheese sweetened with agave syrup and a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract."
Carrot Cake XI
Carrot Cake with Maille(R) Old Style Mustard
Just swipe to see more like this.