Marinated Fajita Chicken15 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 45 min
“I requested this recipe after I had these fajitas at a graduation party. This marinade makes some of the most delicious chicken I've ever tasted, so it's still awesome if you forgo making fajitas and just use it to marinade your chicken breasts.” - by Lauren
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and red pepper flakes in a bowl; pour into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Put the chicken breasts into the bag, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade. Arrange chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- Bake chicken breasts in preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Shred chicken breasts with two forks to desired texture.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 242 cal
- 12.6 g
- 6.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Recipe Group Selection: 28, April 2012 I used all the listed ingredients, but changed the cooking method. Due to time conflicts, I marinated the meat overnight and the next morning put the marinade..." See more and the chicken breast in the crockpot. They cooked all day and I then took 2 forks and shredded the meat. We had this for dinner as fajita's with grilled peppers, onions, lettuce and tomatoes. Also served as a fajita salad using the same ingredients plus salsa as the dressing. The lime flavor was very prominent with this method, but we really enjoyed the taste of the chicken. I am going to make and freeze burritos with the leftovers. Thank you Lauren for sharing your recipe. I think RG made a great selection for Cinco De Mayo."
"The chicken had a nice flavor of lime, not too overpowering. I might put a few more spices in it the next time. I grilled instead and did not shred the chicken I just sliced it. So with some avocado, ..." See moresour cream, salsa, peppers and onions all was a nice combination. I like having a fresh marinade recipe that is easy to make instead of buying something with preservatives, thanks recipe group."
Marinated Ranch Broiled Chicken
Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breasts
Just swipe to see more like this.