Praline Cinnamon Tortilla Chips7 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Chips made from flour tortillas which have been dipped in canola oil and then in a cinnamon-sugar mix and baked. They come out tasting like really crisp praline cinnamon chips.” - by morgiana
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Stir sugar, cinnamon, chili powder, and black pepper in a shallow bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour canola oil into a separate bowl.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Dip tortilla squares into canola oil on both sides and press into the seasoned sugar mixture; arrange coated chips on baking sheets.
- Broil chips until sugar bubbles and chips are crisp, about 2 minutes; watch carefully to prevent burning. Turn the chips over and broil other sides until browned, another 2 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 397 cal
- 7.2 g
- 79.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Movie night snack! I cut the recipe back for two. I only made one substitution and that was using vegetable oil instead of canola oil because that was what I had on hand. The kids thought they were gr..." See moreeat only they thought they were a bit "spicy". That's not a reflection of the recipe, just personal observation. I'll make these again for the kids only I'll omit the chili powder and pepper next time. Fun recipe to make. Make sure you really watch your chips, they can go from perfect to burned in a matter of seconds."
"These would be WAAAAY better baked, not broiled. After 2 minutes, my chips were on fire inside my oven and I had to air the smoke out of the house, I kid you not. Luckily I was cooking in batches so..." See more the whole thing was not a loss. The next batch, I did not allow the chips to bubble and brown but they were a bit too soft in the middle. The last batch, I allowed them to bubble and darken, but the dark patches tasted unpleasantly of burnt sugar. This is a very finicky method to make these, but the flavor, however, is fantastic,. Next time I will skip the canola and spray with butter spray and bake them-that should do the trick!"
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Fresh and Simple Peach Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Chips
Just swipe to see more like this.