Grilled Korean-Style Beef Short Ribs3 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 10 hr 20 min
“Go talk to your friendly neighborhood butcher, tell them you want some flanken-style beef short ribs, and give this great grill technique a try.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Mix pear slices, sherry wine, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, hot chili paste, and sesame oil in a blender until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange short ribs in a 9x13-inch baking dish and coat completely with marinade. Cover baking dish with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to marinate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Remove short ribs to a plate and blot dry with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill short ribs until firm, hot, and slightly pink in the center, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1054 cal
- 85.3 g
- 24.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I liked this as it is. But I believe the next time I make it, I am going to substitute the Asian pear for pineapple. The main reason is the pineapple has more acidity and will tenderize the meat a bit..." See more better than the Asian pear. All in all a very good recipe. I spent 2 years in Korea and this dish brought me back."
"My whole family, 3 kids and all said we will have to make this a "regular recipe"! I couldn't find the Lg Asian pear, so I used a bartlett. All the asian ingredients were available at the grocery st..." See moreore. I want to make this again and will hunt for that Asian pear to see if there is a difference."
Korean BBQ Short Ribs (Gal-Bi)
Insane Oven Beef Ribs
Just swipe to see more like this.