Jewel's Watermelon Margaritas11 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is the non-frozen version of my watermelon margaritas. These are so amazing and refreshing on hot summer days. To make a virgin version, omit the tequila and use a lemon-lime soda.” - by RainbowJewels
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water, and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 241 cal
- 0.2 g
- < 1%
- 37.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"ok, I make these too, however, skip the ice! Cube your Melon the night before and freeze it on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Make it into a slushie in a blender the next day with all the other i..." See morengredients. AWESOME"
"YUM, SOOOO REFRESHING! I followed the other reviewer and cubed/froze my watermelon and skipped the ice. Hubby and I both really, REALLY enjoyed these...They are gonna be a summer staple for sure~YUM! ..." See moreThanks for sharing. :)"
Magnificent Frozen Mango Margaritas
Just swipe to see more like this.