Strawberry-Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“These cupcakes come out so moist, and the surprise in the middle makes them even better - the whipped cream cheese makes filling nice and creamy.” - by fisterwifey
Original recipe yields 2 dozen cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Stir chocolate cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, water, and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Pour cake batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Place a small spoonful of whipped cream cheese in each muffin cup.
- Stir strawberry preserves in a bowl until smooth; spoon about 1/4 teaspoon per cupcake over cream cheese.
- Gently press strawberry preserves and cream cheese into the cake batter with a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven until cupcake tops spring back when lightly touched, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over completely cooled cupcakes and garnish with strawberry slices.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 295 cal
- 18.9 g
- 30.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Tastes delicious! The only thing I had to change with the second batch I made was to put a little batter in then the cream cheese and preserves. Also it helps to mix the cream cheese and strawberry pr..." See moreeserves."
"These are delicious! I've made them twice and they were great both times. paigeperski is right- it's better to mix the strawberry preserves and cream cheese before putting them in the cupcakes. Anoth..." See moreer modification that I made was to fill the cups about halfway with batter, put in the cream cheese mix and then fill the cup the rest of the way with batter. Two problems (sort of) with this recipe, though. 1st, the batter is very thick, and it only makes 15-18 muffin-sized cupcakes. 2nd, the recipe calls for way more cream cheese than is really necessary. I think you could easily use a smaller container of cream cheese. Overall, though, these are great!"
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Just swipe to see more like this.