Tiramisu Chocolate Mousse8 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“Tiramisu translates to pick-me-up. Considering that this popular Italian dessert is spiked with proven mood-elevators such as coffee, cocoa, sugar, and alcohol, the name seems to fit perfectly.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine espresso and butter in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Place dark chocolate pieces in the espresso mixture; cook without stirring until chocolate starts to melt, about 3 minutes. Whisk chocolate and espresso mixture until well combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine Marsala, egg yolks, and sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until frothy and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir mascarpone cheese into marsala mixture.
- Combine chocolate mixture with mascarpone mixture. Cool to room temperature.
- Whip heavy cream in a bowl until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fold half of whipped cream into cooled chocolate mixture.
- Fold second half of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 381 cal
- 31.3 g
- 23.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Oh Wow! Really a divine confection! If you are intimidated by this recipe, watch the accompanying video. Made a pourable version to top Marty Fries' Tiramisu Cheesecake on this site. SUGGESTIONS/SUBS..." See moreTITUTIONS: To make this recipe pourable, test the temp of the chocolate mixture with a (clean) finger. When it feels neither hot nor cold to the touch fold in the whipped cream - instead of waiting until it's room temperature. Also, because I didn't have any rum/wine on hand, I used chocolate liqueur instead. Chef John is an amazing teacher - entertaining AND thorough."
"I made this 2 nights ago and it was such a hit i was demanded to make it again :p so guess what im doing right now? This Mousse is Fantastic and should be enjoyed by everyone. Chef John does it again!..." See more (for me at least)"
"This is really good. I might've made the coffee a bit too strong, so I won't make it as strong next time. Also replaced the marsala with brandy. Used the mousse as frosting for chocolate cupcakes. ..." See more Absolutely incredible! Filled the cupcakes with cream cheese mousse (4 oz of cream cheese at room temperature, 1/4 c powdered sugar, 3/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 c chilled heavy cream. Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat the heavy cream in another bowl until peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.)"
Death by Chocolate Mousse
Creamiest Chocolate Mousse
Just swipe to see more like this.