Bay Scallops with Garlic Parsley Butter Sauce14 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 3 min
- Ready In: 13 min
“They say smell is the sense most closely linked to memory recall, and that was certainly the case while making these garlicky, buttery bay scallops on toast. As waves of the wonderful aromas wafted up from the pan, they brought back a flood of vivid memories of my first kitchen job.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon butter on one side of each piece of toasted Italian bread. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. When oil begins to smoke, pour scallops into pan. Cook for 30 seconds without stirring.
- Toss scallops in pan and stir in garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir wine and lemon juice into scallops, bring to a boil, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Stir parsley and cold butter into scallops and remove from heat. When butter melts, stir in salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon scallops over buttered toast and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 528 cal
- 25 g
- 24.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I made this tonight as a mothers day dinner and followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I did differently was cook shrimp with the scallops and instead of eating on bread I served it in my seafood..." See more alfredo. The scallops came out SO tender and flavorful! I was actually quite shocked at how good these came out given the fact that I have NEVER made scallops before. Such an easy recipe, all you need to do is follow the cooking instructions exactly. Even the shrimp came out amazing! My family loved this and my boyfriend said these were awesome! He already went and put more scallops on the shopping list for next time!"
"Wonderful, easy and absolutely perfect. I have made this twice first as an appetizer served on the toasted bread. Then I made it to serve over pasta as noted at the bottom of the recipe. For the ap..." See morepetizer 1 1/2 of bay scallops is a lot for 4 servings but as a main dish it was perfect. Make sure you have everything prepped and ready as this cooks really fast and make sure your pan is smoking hot to quickly sear the scallops. The only thing I did differently is to use garlic olive oil on the bread and I toasted the bread in a cast iron skillet. For the pasta dish I added some Parmesan cheese to the top of each serving. Enjoy!"
Simple Garlic Shrimp
Citrus Scallops II
Just swipe to see more like this.