Fast Salmon with a Ginger Glaze21 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This glaze is really wonderful on salmon, but equally delicious on swordfish, halibut, tuna, or any other firm, full-flavored fish.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Season salmon fillets with salt.
- Place salmon on the preheated grill; cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine water, rice vinegar, brown sugar, chile paste, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until barely thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil on top of salmon; spoon glaze over basil.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 377 cal
- 13.7 g
- 13.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"OMG!!! Soooo yummy! I have to tell you that I did not use all the ginger or all the chile paste it called for---maybe only half of each---and even then I thought it was going to be so spicy that I c..." See moreouldn't serve it! And I even added a little bit more water to the pan before it was reduced. But I was so wrong! I kept going back to put a little bit more on my fish. Of course, it doesn't hurt that Costco just got in their Wild Fresh Copper River Salmon at a paltry $9.99 per pound! I grilled up a little less than a pound for the two of us, and we ate it all. I went easy on the sauce for my hubby, but I added a whole bunch more for myself--kept going back for more. I just may have to go get more salmon because I'm not done eating this stuff! EDIT: I sauteed pounded down boneless skinless breasts in olive oil with a little butter and made this sauce for it. At the very end of the sauce, I put in about a teaspoon of butter to swirl around. We literally licked our plates! So very very yummy! Talk about an easy meal to fix!"
"Very yummy. I made mistake of using cider vinegar which is lot sourer, even diluted with apple juice. would work lot better with rice wine vinegar which I will use next time but still was delicious. I..." See more had with rice and a side salad. I cooked my salmon on a cast iron pan pre heated in the oven."
Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze
Just swipe to see more like this.