Chef John's Pavlova with Strawberries10 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr 15 min
“This dessert is fun to make and eat. Fresh fruit, especially berries and kiwis, balances the sweet, gooey crunch.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 1 Pavlova
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar and cornstarch in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until they are foamy and have a thick, ribbony texture, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 of the sugar mixture into the egg whites; whisk until completely incorporated, about 30 seconds. Repeat for the rest of the sugar mixture, whisking after each addition, until all of the sugar mixture is incorporated and the egg whites are glossy and thick.
- Pour vanilla and vinegar into egg white mixture; whisk until you can lift your beater or whisk straight up and the egg whites form a sharp peak that holds its shape, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon egg white mixture onto prepared baking sheet; spread out into a 2-inch high by 6-inch wide disc.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Turn off the oven, crack open the oven door and let the Pavlova cool for one hour.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until soft peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer Pavlova to a serving plate. Top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 210 cal
- 14.8 g
- 18.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Yet another amazing recipe by Chef John! Instead of making one large Pavlova, I used an ice cream scoop and made individual little rounds. The recipe yielded about 18 by using the scoop. After I scoo..." See moreped them onto the parchment lined baking sheets, I turned the scoop over and made a little well for the berries to sit in. I also sliced my strawberries because they were HUGE and leaving them whole wasn't an option. Other than that I made as is. Delicious and perfect for summer time. My kids were surprised and excited to discover the marshmallow texture inside. I highly recommend this recipe, so simple and pretty. Would be great for a luncheon or entertaining."
"Made this tonight with no modifications and it turned out great. I've never had pavlova before, and found it to be a perfect warm weather dessert. The video was extremely helpful with getting the cons..." See moreistency of the egg white mixture just right. I topped it with the whipped cream in this recipe and sliced strawberries (so as to get a small, hassle-free piece of strawberry in every bite :) ). Made this for 2 people, and we demolished all but 1/6 of it."
The Best Pavlova
Chef John's Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.