Mushroom and Goat Cheese Quesadillas9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A delicious updated version of the traditional quesadilla! It's always a hit.” - by rudechack
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and black pepper with olive oil and balsamic vinegar until onion is translucent and mushrooms are lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese together in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Warm a tortilla on the hot skillet for 1 minute; flip and repeat on other side.
- Spread 1/4 goat cheese mixture onto warmed tortilla; spoon 1/4 mushroom mixture on one half of tortilla. Sprinkle 1/4 mozzarella cheese over mushroom mixture.
- Cook quesadilla until mozzarella cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes; fold tortilla over melted cheese and press to seal. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 346 cal
- 18.5 g
- 33.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"I'm delighted to be the inaugural reviewer (and, admittedly less than stellar) photo submitter for this recipe! It is FANTASTIC! Not only does it taste great, but it's super versatile and easily thr..." See moreown together for a quick weeknight meal. I had every intention of following the recipe, but I did have to make a few tweaks out of necessity. I had some baby bellas that needed used or pitched, so I used them in place of the cremini (and, I imagine any shroom would be great, per your personal preference). As I was mixing the cream cheese and goat cheese, I noticed mold/fuzz on the remaining cream cheese in tub. Having just got over a nasty stomach bug, I elected to be safe rather than sorry and pitched it. I had no cream cheese back up, so I subbed lite sour cream and goat. At the last minute, I added a little fresh mozz to help add creaminess. These were delicious. Both Mr. LTH and I thoroughly enjoyed them (he even ate my second half!). I paired them w/ "Best Black Beans" for a simply delicious nutrient dense quick meal. THANK YOU, rudechack!"
"OMG, these are amazing! I changed a few things based on what I had on hand, I used regular button mushrooms, lite cream cheese and spinach tortillas from Trader Joe's. I also added a splash of red win..." See moree with the balsamic. I used both red and green onion, both were great. Thanks Soooooo much for the recipe, I've already made it 3 times in one week:)"
Shrimp Primavera with Goat Cheese
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Just swipe to see more like this.