Very Old Meatloaf Recipe10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“At present time (2012), this is a 207-year-old meatloaf recipe, that has been handed down through our family since my great-great-grandmother back in 1807. It may be older than this, but that's as far back as I can trace it. Originally it was made using deer meat, but I prefer using beef as did my Mother. Enjoy.” - by Jason Gaydos
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix ground beef with water and milk in a large bowl using your hands until beef is evenly moistened.
- Mix bread crumbs, onion, carrot, apple, and egg into the beef mixture until evenly integrated.
- Form the beef mixture into a loaf.
- Transfer the meatloaf to a deep baking dish; tent with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour; remove foil tent and bake until no longer pink the center, about 30 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 289 cal
- 15.1 g
- 15 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I used to make this from an old cookbook years ago and lost the cookbook after several moves across the country. Really happy to find it here on Allrecipes. Thanks, Jason. It is, indeed, a wonderful m..." See moreeatloaf..."
"Tried this and Grandma was on to something with the apple! Has a different spin than the same old meatloaf. I know some Gaydos'es....." See more"
"I made your recipe last weekend and it was awesome. I'm not sure how fine the onions, carrots and apple were suppose to be but I shredded mine in my food processor so they were still quite visible in..." See more the meatloaf. It stayed together well and had a great taste. Thanks for your recipe and this will be my go-to one for sure."
Easy Garden Meatloaf
Just swipe to see more like this.