Authentic Mexican Corn Bread6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Sweet and moist Mexican corn bread. This is how it's made in Mexican homes and served as an appetizer or dessert.” - by thiswayhome
Original recipe yields 1 pan of corn bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir in whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, and butter.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stir cornmeal mixture into the corn mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 448 cal
- 14 g
- 73.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Made as is. The taste is very good but I'm going to be honest and say that the texture was so dense and so dry. Some folks might like it that way but i want it moist as stated. I'm a little bummed out..." See more because no one ate this at all. I wonder if the flour/cornmeal measurements is a typo or something. I'm going to play around with this recipe and give an update."
"I made this but used 2 cans of cream corn and 1 1/2 cups of fresh sweet corn and it was amazing...." See more"
Sweet Corn Bread
Mom's Sweet Buttermilk Corn Bread
Just swipe to see more like this.