Baked Chicken Marsala3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This is less a version of the traditional 'chicken marsala,' than a chicken casserole with Marsala wine in it. Serve with mashed potatoes or wide egg noodles.” - by audrey
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in butter until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, and Marsala wine together in a large bowl. Stir mushroom mixture into soup mixture.
- Spread chicken pieces into prepared baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Pour soup mixture over the chicken and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 90 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 533 cal
- 22.4 g
- 19 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made a partial recipe of this using fresh mushrooms rather than canned. We thought this was good, but the sauce wasn't as satisfyingly rich as we would have liked. It was easy to make, and so that..." See more is definitely a plus. Thanks for the idea of this recipe!"
"I really doctored this recipe, but it turned out to be delicious. I used 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs and cut them into 1 inch pieces. I sautéed onions and mushrooms in the butter, then added a ..." See morestalk of celery with the leaves and a 4 oz can of chopped green chiles (I know it isn't for Marsala, but it was good). In a bowl, I mixed 2 cans of mushroom soup with 1/2 cup light cream, 3/4 cup dry sherry (I didn't have Marsala on hand) and 3/4 cup vegetable stock, and a half cup of shredded Mexican cheese. Then mixed sauce with sautéed veggies and chicken, and baked in 350 degree oven for 1 hour (no foil). Served over noodles! Yummy!"
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Baked Crispy Potato Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.