Shredded Beef Tacos with Lime5 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 7 hr
“We just got tired of hamburger tacos and decided to try something authentic! We love the lime infusion flavor in the meat. Serve with tortilla shells, lettuce, cheese, guacamole and salsa.” - by CINDYLU35
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk together vegetable oil, vinegar, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and garlic in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the sliced beef, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Bring beef to room temperature, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Transfer beef and lime juice marinade to a large baking dish. Add beef stock and cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven until beef is very tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before shredding with 2 forks. Drain and discard about 80% of liquid from meat and season with salt before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 399 cal
- 33.3 g
- 3.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely excellent! So tender and the favor was perfect! I only had time to marinate for an hour, and it still turned out great...." See more"
"Wow! After making this recipe I will never go back to ground beef tacos again! The meat came out so tender and moist and the flavor was excellent. I marinated it overnight following the marinade exact..." See morely as written in the recipe. When I baked it in the oven, I used a can of beef broth instead of beef stock. Looking forward to making it again for company - it's a keeper!"
Rich and Creamy Beef Stroganoff
Spicy Mexican Beef
Just swipe to see more like this.