3 Milk Cake or Tres Leches3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“With all the liquid in this cake you would think it cannot work. But it does. It is a traditional Spanish recipe and the most delicious cake you've ever tasted. Obviously the moistest.” - by rmosher10
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch sheet cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Beat 6 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy; set yolks aside. Gradually beat in sugar until mixture holds soft peaks. Beat in flour gradually, then beat in milk, reserved egg yolks, melted butter, 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, and baking powder, beating in each ingredient thoroughly before adding the next. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake is browned and crusty on top, no more than 30 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for about 10 minutes before gently removing cake to finish cooling.
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and half-and-half in a bowl. Pour half the 3-milk mixture into a pan deeper and longer than the cake. Lay the cake into the milk mixture. Use a fork to score deep lines into the top of the cake and pour remaining 3-milk mixture over cake, allowing the mixture to soak in.
- Beat cream cheese with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl with electric mixer until soft and fluffy; gradually beat in cream until frosting is thick and spreadable. Spread over the cake.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 748 cal
- 38.3 g
- 87.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cake for my daughters graduation party. It was a big hit. Everyone loved it. People that didn't want cake had one taste and they were asking for seconds. I recommend everyone must try ..." See morethis at least once in their lifetime you will not be disappointed. I don't do reviews but I had to for this recipe it was that good."
"I first had this at a brunch and everyone raved about it for days....it is the best cake out there!! thank you for posting this..." See more"
"I would give this a 10 star if I could. I did make a few changes. I wanted a caramel tres leche cake so I added caramel bits, used cool whip instead of making a topping and topped with caramel sauce ..." See moreand more caramel bits. It seemed to me to take longer to bake than what it said...maybe 40 mins."
Tres Leches Cake
Tres Leches III
Just swipe to see more like this.