Chef John's Caramel Chicken115 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This stunning dish is an amazing combination of sweet, spicy, and salty flavors all sticking to succulent pieces of chicken.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk brown sugar, water, fish sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a bowl until brown sugar is completely dissolved, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat in a skillet. Stir in chicken.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the brown sugar mixture over chicken; cook and stir until the brown sugar mixture has a syrup-like consistency, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining brown sugar mixture; cook until chicken is tender and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in in peanuts, jalapenos and green onion; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 615 cal
- 33.2 g
- 37.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (115)Rate This Recipe
"Just made this for dinner tonight. Delicious! I wasn't prepared to make it, so had to do some substitutions. (White onions for green onions, more soy sauce for the fish sauce) Even with the substi..." See moretutions, this spicy dish was superb served over brown rice."
"WOW, this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! My thighs were pretty big, so I cut my pieces a bit smaller. The flavors here are perfect! This could not have been easier to make, but it really seems like you spent so..." See moreme time in the kitchen. Served this over jasmine rice. I will be making this over and over, which is not gonna be good for my waistline, lol...SOOOO GOOD, and definitly worthy of more than 5 stars~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)"
Chef John's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Taiwanese-Style Three Cup Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.