Ham and Butternut Squash Spaghetti6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Despite the rich and decadent mascarpone, the sauce for this spaghetti is actually pretty light; much of the sauce is chicken broth and squash.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Stir in ham and cook until the edges are slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant and edges are barely golden, about 1 minute.
- Pour chicken broth over ham and garlic; bring to a simmer. Stir in butternut squash, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook until squash is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in black pepper and reduce heat to low.
- Gently stir mascarpone cheese into squash mixture until completely incorporated. Stir in Italian parsley. Remove from heat and cover.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Pour butternut-mascarpone sauce over spaghetti, stirring until combined. Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over spaghetti and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 813 cal
- 41.3 g
- 87.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious!..." See more"
"This was dinner tonight and it was SO GOOD! I suspect the mascarpone cheese might hold some people back from making it. I wanted to include it but couldn't get to the store so I whipped together cream..." See more cheese and some kefir and it worked just fine! Maybe the mascarpone would have been even better, I'll try it sometime, but google substitutions using what you have if that's the only thing standing in your way from this creamy, and delicious pasta meal."
Curried Butternut Squash and Pear Soup
Risotto with Butternut Squash and White Beans
Just swipe to see more like this.