Chef John's Roasted Brussels Sprouts10 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This makes a very nice side dish to your holiday feast, and I can't think of a main course, especially one made from some type of succulent animal, that this wouldn't pair wonderfully with.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Place Brussels sprouts in water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove sprouts from water and transfer to ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Place onions in boiling water; cook until nearly tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from water, rinse with cold water, and pat dry. Set aside.
- Melt butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Stir in Brussels sprouts and onions; toss with butter to coat. Stir in salt and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and roast until golden and tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 125 cal
- 6.2 g
- 17.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"Absolutely loved it. I just left em in the oven longer because I like the taste of it when they're more browned. Will make again!..." See more"
"I'm a big fan of Brussels sprouts when I eat out so I wanted to see if I could create the same taste and texture at home. As usual, chef john's version didn't disappoint -- easy and delicious...." See more"
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Prosciutto Poppers
Just swipe to see more like this.