Lamb Meatballs and Sauce0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“These baked, ground lamb meatballs are a quite flavorful alternative to traditional meatballs.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; oil lightly.
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl. Soak bread crumbs until milk is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Combine bread crumb mixture, lamb, egg, garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, rosemary, cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Form lamb mixture into 2-inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook meatballs in the preheated oven until they are slightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine meatballs, tomato sauce, chicken stock, fresh mint, and red pepper flakes in a large sauce pan over medium heat until meatballs are no longer pink inside, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 610 cal
- 43.5 g
- 24.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Little Lamb Meatballs in a Spicy Eggplant Tomato Sauce
Porcupine Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.