Italian Rice Croquettes1 Reviews
- Prep: 50 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“I'd like to thank Aunt Angela and Uncle Bill for sharing their recipe, and I hope you can give it a try soon. It would be a great addition to any party menu.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 40 croquettes
- Combine chicken giblets, 1 cup water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a pressure cooker; cook for about 20 minutes.
- Drain giblets and let cool, about 10 minutes. Chop giblets in a food processor or by hand; set aside.
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Spread cooked rice onto a baking sheet to cool, about 5 minutes. Transfer rice to a large bowl.
- Mix in giblets, grated Parmesan cheese, marinara sauce, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, salt, and ground pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove rice and giblet mixture from refrigerator and form 2-inch, football shaped croquettes. Roll croquettes in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook breaded croquettes until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 99 cal
- 3.2 g
- 10.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe More Reviews
Mama's Asian Chicken and Rice
Italian Rice Balls
Just swipe to see more like this.