Pablito's Chicken Tacos6 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Make Pablito's Taqueria homemade tortillas and delicious chicken taco filling with sauteed kale and sorrel sour cream.” - by Pablito
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Stir sour cream, sorrel, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix flour, masa harina, baking powder, and 2 teaspoons salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Gradually pour butter and water into flour mixture while mixing at lowest speed; mix until a dough just starts to come together.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, flat surface and knead 3 to 4 times. Separate dough into 1 1/2 ounce balls, cover, and let rest for 1 hour.
- Press each dough ball in a tortilla press lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap; transfer each tortilla to a baking sheet.
- Lightly coat a cast-iron pan with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and cook until lightly golden, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Stir in chicken; cook until browned around the edges, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in onion, kale, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until kale is wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken-kale mixture into each tortilla, top with sorrel sour cream, and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 537 cal
- 23.6 g
- 68.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe, i only used half a lime and it turned out great..." See more"
"This is really great- you don't even taste the kale (which is a plus for me) - and We have never used the sorrel becuase we haven't found it in our store...don't even know what it tastes like. But it'..." See mores still delicious! The home made tortillas are completely worth the effort if you pick up a tortilla press. We freeze half of the tortillas (put some parchment between each one) and make it again in a few weeks...so yummy!"
Shredded Chicken Tacos
Just swipe to see more like this.