New Orleans Steamer0 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 5 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Can be easily adapted to any taste - it is a little bit spicy as written, but adapt it, add or subtract ingredients...even adaptable for kids. It is a fun meal for a crowd” - by jjrj
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Spray four 10x20-inch sheets of parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Mix cooked rice, file powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin in a bowl. Divide rice mixture evenly over prepared parchment paper.
- Toss tomatoes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onion, and okra in a large bowl with 1 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning until well coated. Divide vegetable mixture evenly over rice.
- Combine crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin in another bowl. Divide seafood mixture evenly over vegetables. Pour about 1 tablespoon chicken broth over seafood mixture and top each portion with 4 clams.
- Fold parchment paper around seafood mixture, sealing edges to form a pouch. Place the pouches on a microwave-safe platter.
- Heat pouches in microwave on high until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 4 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 712 cal
- 19.4 g
- 90.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Remoulade Sauce a la New Orleans
New Orleans Stew with Smoked Andouille Chicken Sausage
Just swipe to see more like this.