"Pantry Raid" Chicken Enchilada Casserole112 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I made this recipe up one night when I had no idea what to do with a pound and a half of chicken tenderloins. It came out so well that my husband and I finished off the leftovers the next day and we are not usually leftover eaters. I am gluten-free so I used gluten-free cornbread mix. You will definitely enjoy it!” - by mama411
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Mix tomato sauce, water, taco seasoning mix, and chili powder together in a saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown chicken tenderloins on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Pour tomato sauce mixture over the chicken, bring to a simmer, and cook over medium-low heat until chicken tenderloins are no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a bowl and shred; return shredded chicken to the sauce. Mix in black beans and cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Pour chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with shredded Mexican cheese. Whisk corn bread mix, egg, and milk in a bowl, and spoon the batter over the chicken mix.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the corn bread topping is browned and set, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 487 cal
- 19.8 g
- 45.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (112)Rate This Recipe
"Yum. OH! I made this as a one-dish crockpot recipe and it was delicious. I used chicken breasts, not tenders, adding them raw to the seasoned tomato sauce mixture and cooking it all on LO for 3.5 h..." See morers (less for tenders). After adding in the rest and topping with the corn muffin mix, I cooked on HI for 1.5 hours. Next time I'll add diced onion (1 sm) and 1-2 cloves minced garlic to the tomato sauce mixture, but even as is, this was great, and a keeper. Thanks for posting!"
"This was so simple and fantastic! I added red bell pepper, onion, and minced garlic; and substituted Costco rotisserie chicken pulled off the bone. oohlala!..." See more"
Mexican Enchilada Casserole
Chicken and Corn Enchilada Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.