Healthier Clone of a Cinnabon6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 3 hr
“Who doesn't love a Cinnabon? These taste so yummy but I always look for a way to make things a little healthier without changing the taste. I just spread a little less butter and use Neufchatel cheese and this recipe still tastes great.” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 12 rolls
- Place milk, eggs, margarine, bread flour, white sugar, and yeast in the pan of bread machine in recommended order by manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface after it has doubled in size. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll dough into a 16x21-inch rectangle. Spread dough with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Cover and let rest until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Beat together Neufchatel cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 488 cal
- 14.6 g
- 81.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"Cinnamon rolls never disappoint, and this recipe is no different. I don’t use a bread machine, so I proofed the yeast in the milk, added the rest of the ingredients, with the exception of the flour w..." See morehich I added a cup of at a time using my KA mixer. I don’t use margarine, only butter, and I added chopped walnuts and raisins to the filling – it’s the law in this house. Baking time was 20 minutes."
"Excellent! I cut corners by using Rhodes frozen whole wheat bread loaf and using 2/3 the cinnamon/brown sugar mix inside. There was plenty of sugar already for the Rhodes size loaf ... Turned out ..." See moregooey and delicious."
Clone of a Cinnabon
Healthier Sweet Potato Pie I
Just swipe to see more like this.