Healthier World's Best Lasagna15 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 15 min
“This truly is the World's Best Lasagna! I love this recipe but I am always looking for ways to take out the fat when I cook. I substituted lean ground turkey and turkey sausage for the meat. I also used lite mozzarella and cut out the egg and salt.” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Heat a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir turkey sausage, ground turkey, onion, and garlic until well browned, about 15 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups turkey sauce in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over sauce. Spread half the ricotta over noodles. Top with a third of the mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups turkey sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil; make sure foil does not touch cheese to prevent sticking.
- Bake in preheated oven until sauce is hot and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes more. Remove foil and bake until cheese is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 390 cal
- 15.4 g
- 33.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I love the fact that you posted this. I was shopping for sausage and turkey as a substitute and saw your modifications here on allrecipes.The result is fantastic and I really didn't miss out on flavor..." See more or the fat of the cheese. Now to come up with a vegan version for my friend! Thank you!"
"Can't go wrong with Chef John (original recipe). I doctored the sauce a little (use red wine); added egg mix and fresh parsley to the ricotta. Oh and I used whole wheat lasagna noodles and everybody..." See more loved it!"
World's Best Lasagna
Irresistible Eggplant Lasagna
Just swipe to see more like this.