Healthier Bread Pudding II6 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“For a family that LOVES bread pudding, double this recipe and bake it in a 9x13-inch pan. Enjoy this healthier version - which features whole wheat bread, reduced sugar, and apple or pear - for breakfast or dessert! Optional: Dust lightly with confectioners sugar before serving. Yum!” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 1 8-inch square pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8-inch square baking dish. Mix in raisins and apple. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up egg mixture.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Place bread pudding baking dish into a large roasting pan. Carefully pour boiling water around pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the middle of pudding comes out mostly clean, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 156 cal
- 4.5 g
- 24.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"my family really liked the bread pudding. I woulld definately make it again. It was very easy and I have most of the ingredients in my home already. I..." See more"
"Delicious! I love the apples in the recipe, and it's fantastic that it's healthier..." See more"
Bread Pudding Apple Pie
Cranberry Bread Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.