Healthier Four Cheese Macaroni2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A very rich and creamy macaroni and cheese dish, despite using reduced-fat dairy products in this healthier version of the original recipe.” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a deep 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain and return to cooking pot.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir into macaroni.
- Combine Cheddar, Jarlsberg, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella cheeses in a large bowl; mix well. Add evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups cheese mixture, and eggs to macaroni. Mix together and season with salt and ground pepper. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbling around the edges, about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 591 cal
- 27.7 g
- 61 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Well done...I love this recipe...the only changes I made: -spray the baking dish with cooking spray -I prefer fuschilli pasta over elbow -use olive oil/truffle oil instead of butter, and add choppe..." See mored onions (1/2-3/4 cup) and sauté in the olive oil...add cheeses and melt...remove from heat...add scrambled eggs and then cooked macaroni...adding salt and pepper to taste. -I sprinkle the top lightly with panko bread crumbs and paprika...and bake."
Healthier Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese
Church Supper Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.