Healthier Chicken Pot Pie IX4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“More carrots, some parsley, low-fat milk and less butter make this delicious chicken pot pie a healthier dinner in-a-bowl.” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan. Cover with water. Boil until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Cook and stir onions in butter in a saucepan over medium heat, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place chicken mixture in bottom pie crust; pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in preheated oven until pie is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 318 cal
- 16.4 g
- 26.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Easy to make, very very very good!!!! Even my picky husband liked it. I actually simplified it and used canned carrot and pea mix, eliminated the celery and used pre-cooked honey baked chicken. Will d..." See moreefinitely make again."
"Great recipe, Even my very picky boys loved it, they both want the leftovers for lunch tomorrow :) I didnt have celery so I left it out. I also didnt have celery seed. I used 1/2 tsp celery salt inst..." See moreead of the celery seed and salt."
"My fiancee and I both really liked this chicken pot pie! We both agreed that there were too many pea's. Next time we will probably 1/2 pea's and 1/2 something else. I also couldn't find whole wheat pi..." See moree crust anywhere so had to swap for the regular kind. Otherwise this recipe is really tasty and will be made again! Only wish I could of convinced my 3 year old to try it."
Chicken Pot Pie IX
Deep-Dish Chicken Pot Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.