Healthier Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“I love these in a restaurant so when I make them at home I try to make them a little healthier.” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, about 1 hour. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Do not turn off oven.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop flesh into a large bowl; save skins. Mix in sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, and half the green onions into potato flesh. Blend with a hand mixer until creamy. Spoon potato mixture into potato skins. Top each with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, 4 sliced green onions, and bacon.
- Bake in oven until filling is hot and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 300 cal
- 12.3 g
- 35.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I used the non fat milk and some greek yogurt instead of the low fat sour cream. Cut the amount of cheese way back. For the bacon I cooked cooked 2 strips of bacon and crumbled that on the top. The..." See morey weren't as cheesy but still delicious."
Grandma to two
"I reduced light sour cream by half, so I could have some light butter & used 2% Cheddar cheese. Yum. Might use turkey bacon, next time...." See more"
"Great taste.... kinda a lot of work for potatoes in my opinion.... it's pretty messy to scoop all the filling back into the potatoe peel.... they did have great flavor though. I will not make these fo..." See morer my kids again ( they do not appreciate the work required ) I will make them again for adult only dinners."
Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice Baked Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.