Healthier Classic Peanut Butter Cookies6 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 20 min
“I love peanut butter cookies but they are always a little greasy. I came up with this healthier version and it's a little less greasy. I love it!” - by MakeItHealthy
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat butter, peanut butter, applesauce, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl; stir into peanut butter batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 216 cal
- 9.3 g
- 30 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"I don't make cookies too often, but this recipe is awesome. I am always trying to bake or cook healthier. These cookies have a great taste and are nice and chewy. Just the way my husband and I like..." See more cookies. Thank you so much for coming up with a healthier version of peanut butter cookies. I will definitely try this recipe again."
Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Healthier Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.