Chef John's Turkey Noodle Casserole16 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This delicious casserole is for leftover leftovers. I don't know about you, but after a few days of eating Thanksgiving leftovers, no matter how tasty they originally were, I want something that makes me forget there's even turkey in it. Since ingredients like garam masala, spicy cheese, and peppers aren't typically used in the meal, they work wonderfully here to disguise the last of a holiday bird.” - by Chef John
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally until almost cooked through and still firm to the bite, about 4 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring, until mixture is light golden, about 3 minutes.
- Pour milk into butter and flour mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in cream of mushroom soup, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, green onions, garam masala, and dried tarragon. Bring mixture to a simmer, cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in pepperjack cheese until cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Stir pepperjack cheese mixture, turkey meat, and noodles in a large bowl until evenly incorporated. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle chips on top, pressing down slightly with the tines of a fork. Bake in the preheated oven until casserole top is golden brown and sauce is bubbling, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 736 cal
- 33.4 g
- 67.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (16)Rate This Recipe
"Very yummy! Used curry as suggested, didnt have tarragon, added fresh mushrooms. Only thing i didnt really like was the chip topping. Interesting, but not great. Plus, i then had chips in house i had ..." See moreto eat, lol."
Mama and Daughters
"Our family LOVED this recipe!! We substituted curry powder (as suggested in the video) and it turned out great! We used fresh green onions from our garden, too! Daddy was the first to comment on how a..." See moremazing it was and the children piped up right behind him. We enjoyed making it together, too. This was a relatively quick and easy recipe with leftover turkey! Another great recipe added to our family favorites! Thank you again Chef John and Foodwishes.com!"
Chef John's Roast Turkey and Gravy
Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.