Vegan Black Bean Burgers4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“Easy black bean burgers for everyone! You don't need to follow the recipe or amounts exactly. I never do. Serve with your favorite burger fixings and sweet potato fries.” - by jeshaka
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Mash black beans in a bowl; add onion, garlic, carrots, and green bell pepper. Mix.
- Whisk cornstarch, water, chile-garlic sauce, chili powder, cumin, seafood seasoning, salt, and black pepper together in a separate small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into black bean mixture.
- Mix whole-wheat bread into bean mixture. Stir flour, 1/4 cup at a time, into bean mixture until a sticky batter forms.
- Spoon 'burger-sized' mounds of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, about a 3/4-inch thickness per mound. Shape into burgers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked in the center and crisp in the outside, about 10 minutes on each side.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 264 cal
- 1.4 g
- 51.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"We loved these! My black bean loving daughter devoured an entire burger. I chose to skip the flour and bread in favor of a bit of panko. I did still add the cornstarch. To help the burgers stay togeth..." See moreer I chilled the finished mixture a few hours then formed the parties in wax paper and put in the freezers to set up a bit more. Next time I think I will go a step further and pre bake so I can allow them to sit out a bit and dry out so they form a nice crispy outside when placed under the broiler for 10 minutes or so. I added carrots, pre grilled corn I had left over, green onion, and garlic for my veg and to add some smoky flavor I added smoked paprika."
Vegan Black Bean Soup
Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.