Mexicana Veggie Burgers0 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Delicious substitute for ground beef burgers. Full of protein! Serve on sourdough bread with sharp cheddar, guacamole, and salsa.” - by claudia
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir corn into hot rice.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir black beans, chickpeas, and garlic until warmed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine rice mixture and bean mixture in a large bowl. Stir Cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup flour, and a pinch of red pepper flakes into rice-bean mixture into a thick mixture; form into patties.
- Mix about 1/4 cup flour, Cajun seasoning, and a pinch of red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Coat each patty in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat; pan-fry patties until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 193 cal
- 4 g
- 33.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Barley Black Bean Burgers
Veggie Pulp Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.